If interested, please email resume to Marty Ryan at email@example.com.
A talented culinary professional that will establish and work well with the entire culinary and service team by implementing culinary standards and programs that will always increase member and guest satisfaction. Food quality, consistency, menu variety, speed of service and presentation are key areas of focus. Exceptional skillsets in all areas of food and beverage service within the club property, a commitment to excellence on a daily basis and a true mentor and leader for the culinary family at Wellesley Country Club.
Responsibilities / Priorities:
• Evaluate and work with culinary staff to revise, improve standards of operations, execution and delivery of the culinary operation as necessary. Build a positive rapport with all management and staff, showing oneself as a leader and mentor.
• Work closely with all Food and Beverage Managers, Catering Director, Purchasing Agent, Controller and Management Team to provide the best possible Member/Guest experience in a private country club environment.
• Work closely with the Food and Beverage Committee and Management in developing and executing special culinary events for the membership.
• Focus on fiscal responsibility, ensuring food and labor costs are met by working within the established budget.
• Be active in the Wellesley County Club community. Know the membership.
• Rebuild, renovate, actively participate in planning and organizing a first-class private club culinary program.
• Lead the culinary team in a meticulous approach to food handling, organization, sanitation and execution. Work always in a positive and conforming way with the Wellesley Health Dept.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate recruitment, hiring, training and supervision for the entire culinary team.
• Review processes of sourcing and training to find efficiencies, savings, and enhancements to the member experience.
• Create innovative, relevant and interesting menus while working with and attending Food and Beverage Committee meetings. Introduce signature items that become member favorites.
• Continue to raise the bar for culinary events with creativity and variety, within club standards.
• Provide the membership and guests with a consistent dining experience and platinum club quality food without compromise.
• Attend weekly Manager Meetings to discuss all aspects of the Food and Beverage Operation including menus, events, staffing, etc.
• Work closely with club Purchasing Agent to maintain product inventory, quality, price.
• Perform monthly inventory of all foodstuffs.
• Schedule, train and conduct annual reviews of all culinary and kitchen staff. Oversee the employee meal program.
• Must be a skilled communicator, always professional, with a personable demeanor and an approachable manner.
• Must communicate effectively with Kitchen Staff and the Banquet Director and Banquet Staff for the successful execution and completion of all Member and Non-Member banqueting and entertainment events.
• Build a positive work-life balance while ensuring all duties are accomplished and Member/Guest expectations are met or exceeded.